Information sharing and opt out:
We do not sell your personal information to anyone for any reason. We do not share it, except for the reasons which are permitted by federal and state law. Therefore, there is no need for you to opt out. If we change our policy, we will tell you and give you a chance to opt out before we share your information.
Collecting your personal information:
We collect personal information about you from different sources. For example, we collect information you send us on applications and forms. We may collect information from a consumer-reporting agency or a medical provider. This collection depends on the product or service you request.
Disclosing your personal information:
We do not sell your information to anyone. We may disclose this information to a business that carries out services and marketing for us. We may disclose your information as required or permitted by law. We may disclose your information for a legal or regulatory purpose. These include the following types of information:
- We may disclose information we receive from you on applications or other forms. This may include your name, address, beneficiaries, Social Security number and family member information. This may also include assets, income, and the property address and value.
- We may disclose information from your transactions with our sister companies. This may include your account balance, policy coverage, and payment history. This may also include premium paid, preferences, claims, and purchase method.
- We may disclose information we receive from a consumer-reporting agency or other report. This may include, your credit report, motor vehicle and driver data. This may also include medical and employment data, loss history reports, and other driver data. This disclosure depends on the products you select.
- We may disclose information to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf. As permitted by law, we may disclose some information to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements.
Using your medical information:
We sometimes must collect medical information to provide you a product or to pay a claim. We do not use or share it for any purpose, except the following:
- Underwriting insurance
- Administering your policy, account, or claim
- As required or permitted by law
- As otherwise authorized by you
We may collect information you provide when you:
- Request information from our website
- Use online tools and calculators
- Apply online for products
- Subscribe to online services
- Complete an online form
- Conduct transactions online
- Apply for a job online
We gather data on our website. This is a standard industry practice and is used to find out how visitors use our site. We collect aggregate information on the public areas of our website. We also collect information on an individual basis on areas of our website that require visitors to logon using an ID and password. We may collect the following data:
- How many people visit our website.
- The pages they visit and the features they use
- How long they stay on our Web site
- The website people come from before reaching our website.
Use of “Cookies”
We store a cookie on your computer when you visit our website. A cookie is a tiny piece of information that is required to create and maintain a secure session. Cookies let you request information and do business online. Cookies do not have confidential or personal information. They do not track a user after leaving our website. We use a third-party tracking utility, which may set cookies, to analyze how users move within our website.
Other Online Security
We use a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This keeps information confidential when it is sent between our website and your computer.
We keep the e-mail you send to us. If you agree to receive e-mail messages from us, we will keep the information you give us to send e-mail of specific interest to you. If you choose to send us e-mail, we keep your e-mail, your e-mail address, and our reply.
It is important to note that other companies or organizations may have links on our website. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or security of information by the companies or organizations outside of our website.
Weller Insurance Services
Attn: Privacy Department
PO Box 1943
Morgan Hill, CA 95038
When you write to us, please include your name, address, and policy number.
This privacy statement describes our privacy practices for both current and former customers. We will provide one copy of this notice to joint policy or contract holders. Please share this information with everyone covered by your policy or contract. If you request, we will send more copies of this statement.